Friday, April 04, 2008

wooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!! hi :)
ok.. i know there have been times when i dun blog for a while n then i come back n say "i know its been a while".. butttt.. this realli is the mother of all "i know it's been a while" statements. So yea.. I know its been a while :) To say i was un-inspired would be saying the very least. Was reading all the past entries.. and then i suddenly felt lyk blogging again.. I dunno about the rest of you but something is different about the way i write now when compared to my posts when i was in Perth. I guess you could call it "more grown up" but.. i dunno... i really miss being carefree.. yes even with Uni and lyk major assignments and exams around the corner i was still in my own happy perfect world. How i used to live for my shopping sprees.. heh.. it really was a different life altogether. Am hoping to go back sometime in January.. yes its a long time from now but am actually saving up and trying to convince the boyfriend to come along cuz i realli want him to c wat i fell in love with.. and wat i've been goin on so much about.

Does anyone still read my blog?

Anyhoo.. this is pretty much my life now : Work, sometimes dinner after work, go home,jog, watch abit of tv and then hit the sack.. can't realli blame me for not blogging rite.. wat with my exciting daily adventures and all :) I guess the only time i try to do something exciting is on saturdaes.. if i have the energy. I work on saturdaes as well (half-day but still..) so am usually half asleep by 11pm saturday nights.

For some reason ive been a major foodie the last 7-8 months or so.. it all started with planning on where to go for Siva's bday in sep 07.. i did an insane amount of research on the internet.. and i became so into checking out yummy places online that even after his bday was over i still tried to keep myself updated with the latest foodilicious places in town. Its actualli become an obsession.. ah yes.. me and my obsessions.. well at least ive progressed and moved on from underaged med students :) I swear reading some of my earliest posts made me cringe... i was suchhhhh a drama queen! Anywayss back to my new obsession.. so i research nice places to eat and then i drag Siva to check them out with me.. and he's quite a coffee shop boy.. so more often than not he ends up not too impressed with the places i suggest. Still.. he's usually quite obliging.. the last place we checked out was the marmalade pantry at palais renaissance.. food was alrite.. not fabulous but still good.. i guess main attraction here is the dessert selection. They have a detailed menu on their website (although prices have increased by about one to two dollars from the website prices) so i alreadi sorta planned my meal (and his too haha) b4 we got there. The main reason i was dying to go there was cuz they had falafel roll on their menu.. and sticky date pudding.. I used to have falafels and sticky date pudding all the time when i was in Perth and i hadn't had it since then so i was dyingggggg to check out the one at marmalade. I had the falafel roll($16), he had crabmeat linguine($22) and we ordered wedges to share($5). Actualli on the menu it said homemade dips with wedges for $9.. but the wedges were served to us without any dip so i think thats y they charged us $5.. i asked the girl that served if there's any dips for the wedges and she was like "umm chilli or ketchup?" haha.. but service overall was alrite.. pretty friendly crew. As for desserts, we had sticky date pudding, some chocolatey cupcake and banana and chocolate cupcake wit peanut butter frosting.

The verdict : I guess it was alrite.. Wedges was normal la.. i mean how different can wedges get rite.. its more the sauces that give it that kick.. n since this one came without any dips it was juz normal.. i din mind paying 5 bucks for that.. falafel not as yummy as the ones u get in perth(falafel with the lot - cheese,egg, salad and of course falafel pattie.. and yummyy sauces.. the perfect after clubbing grub.) but still passable. Crabmeat linguine.. Siva was pretty happy with it.. i think he would have liked the portions to be a bit bigger but he said it was really tasty. I liked it too but im not a huge fan of crabmeat so i wasnt exactly jumping out of my seat. Sticky date pudding was very yum.. was tryna remember how the one in perth tasted like but my memory fails me so cant really compare. chocolatey cupcake was pretty normal.. nothing great.. a bit "gelat" after a while.. choc banana cupcake was yummm.. but i think im more of an ice cream or creamy dessert person.. cupcakes abit too dry la.. but if u're a cupcake person then m sure u will enjoy the ones at marmalade :)

Ahh so am finlly able to cross out at least one restaurant from the many on my list to try :) The list includes one rochester, graze, angel's share, sanobar, cugini, zambuca and rang mahal (both r located in pan pac hotel). Its not that extensive rite? I think poor Siva is a little scared haha.. i cant help itttt... am a sucker for yummy food in nice places.. am really NOT the coffee shop kinda chick.. im sure i sound lyk an uptown bit*h but im sorry.. u know how in coffee shops there's all these old aunty n uncles clearing the phlegm in their throats and blowing their noses into the dustbins.. yes? Or have i just been going to all the wrong coffee shops.. haha but ya that's wat i always see/hear when i go to a coffee shop and i realli cant eat after that.. im not even bein a brat about it la its just me.. I lose my apetite really easily. And im not asking for fine dining.. mackers or KFC is fine with me.. or the prata shop even.. juz as long as its free of phlegm-clearing patrons. That's really not too much to ask rite :)

So if anyone has any suggestions for a place with good food and lovely alfresco/waterfront setting pleaseee share with me!

Yay.. im pretty happy that i blogged.

No comments: