Monday, April 07, 2008

I just realised that there's so much i didnt blog about.. like my birthday! :) Im such a birthday person and in about 2 hours it will be Shola's birthday (although her real SECRET birthday falls on 7th April) so i'm lyk sorta in the bday spirit. This got me going through the pics on my computer from my last few bdays. I used to have pics from my 21st on my lappie (and a certain stripper on my ACTUAL lappie ;) ) until it crashed.. and with it went all the pics from my 1st year in perth.. but i recently discovered i had like maybe 2 shots from my 21st on flickr.. and i was super happy to find them.. especially the one with mal, bhav n me.. i absolutely loveee that pic.. i look so.. vulnerable. haha. All i can think about when i look at the pic is how throughout the whole blind-fold process - when i was being led from my room in currie to the car and then to ramaish's house - i never in my wildest imagination would have guessed wat those clowns had in store for me. I wish i still had the video la.. stupid computer crashes are the worst. Lesson of the day kiddos.. BACK UP YOUR SH*T. :)

Sigh.. that was definately one of the best birthdays.. i absolutely loveee surprises.. big ones, small ones, tiny ones, fat ones.. i love em allllll. So its no surprise *pun not intended* that my last birthday, my 24th, was one of those fabulous birthdays that go down in history. It started on the eve of my actual birthday (as they all do) with dinner at a "surprise venue" with Sivalam. We ended up going to Vansh.. this Indian fusion restaurant located by the stadium waterfront that ive been wanting to check out since lyk a realli long time ago and the clever boy knows how to take a hint so he very efficiently made reservations for two AND he specified for a table by the river. So clever this boy i tell u :) The place is realli realli pretty.. the inside of the restaurant looks damn gorgeous as well and the food was yummmmm. We got the lamb kebabs for starters.. now i know most of ya'll are thinking "ragi ate lamb??".. well yes i did and mainly because everytime I eat out with the boy he usually doesnt get much meaty stuff cuz when we order our mains we usually get stuff that the other can steal bits from.. and i eat only veggie and selected fish/calamari dishes so usually that's the variety we get. So i decided that since he put in so much effort in like picking the place and dressing up (he looked so cute tt day) I should at least let him be a bit of a carnivore. So we got the lamb. :) We also got naan, some paneer (cottage cheese) dish and some potato dish.. and while waiting for our food to arrive we were served with complimentary pappad with yummy dips. The pappad was rolled into lyk those nonya love letter thingies and served in these cute wine glasses.. very stylo mylo :) I majorly gutsed on the pappad.. asked for second serving all.. so naturally when the starter and mains arrived i got full really fast.. and surprsingly he did too. I always count on the boy to help me finish my food so that i dun feel bad about wasting it heh. Anywayss we were so super stuffed tt we had to doggy bag some naan and some of the gravy. After a nice walk along the river and a surprise bday cake from vansh i was dizzy with birthday fever. He asked if i wanted to check out Graze for drinks and i was really tempted but i had to wake up early to go to the temple with my dad the next day (birthday tradition) so figured it was best to go home. That sums up pre birthday dinner.

On actual birthday i wake up early.. go temple.. chillax wit dad for a bit.. con him into buying me two bottles of perfume (hugo and clinique's happy heart) and then i took a cab home cuz dad had some marketing to do. Haha he's quite a domesticated daddy.. Mom was at home sleeping.. she likes to sleep in late so its all good. In the cab i called siva lyk a million times to make sure he woke up cuz we were alllll going to the ZOOOOOOOOO. i love the zoo.. i loveeeee the zoooo. I got home, changed out of my good yindian girl clothes, into some zoo friendly wear and met Siva along AMK/YCK. We took a cab down to the zoo and met the rest there. It was quite a big group.. they werent juz there for my bday la im not THAT important haha stef n all were there with lil triston.. then sho and malibu.. prawn.. it was so nice.. it was really royal treatment for a day la.. everyone just gives in to you.. just the way life should be :) I had to leave the zoo earlier than the rest cuz i was suppossed to have dinner with the parents so Siva n i left first around 5.. took a bus back and i had lyk maybe 2 mins to breathe b4 i had to bathe n get ready for dinner. I wore my new dress.. the one i fell in love with at phuture.. and after everyone (yes all 3 important members of the household) were ready we took a cab to OUTBACK STEAKHOUSE *cheers n claps wildly* Ok the extra enthusiasm is due to the fact that i work there :) But that place has the best desserts.. Dinner ended up being complimentary and i realli wasnt expecting that.. was expecting lyk the usual management discount so that was really sweet.. and the whole crew came out to sing to me with the signature brownie (to die for).. a little embear but heck.. bdays are only once a year rite. After dinner parents decided they wanted to go for a lomanteec walk and i was suppossed to meet the rest again so we went our seperate ways.

Met siva at the MRT station and we went to clarke quay.. then we met malibooze n prawnboy and we started walking to God knows where.. i realli had no idea where they were going cuz it was meant to be another surprise. Finally we ended going to Mama's Caribean Bar at clarke quay.. its lyk nearer to the taxi stand.. lyk near coffee club n all. Most of the darlings were already inside.. mostly the dirty d's like shola, cherylite.. cherylite's hamster.. n KAARTSYYY.. wasnt realli expecting her to b there cuz she's not very into the whole club/bar scene so was realli touched she came. Aartsy n shiks also came in abit later.. wasnt expecting the young ones so tt was nice too :) Mama's is a nice rasta/reggaeish place with a live band.. i got called up on stage and siva joined me lyk 2 mins later.. at first they wanted us to do a sexy dance together (???) but i managed to get out of that by saying it was my birthday and maybe the boyfriend should do a dance for me.. so he did :) the group temporarily migrated from our comfy sofa area to the table near the front of the stage n were cheering n taking pics.. haha it was good fun.

We left Mama's at around 11ish i think? Mal,prawn,cher,ham,siva n I went to Gotham after that.
Gotham.. was.. fun :) I shall not go into detail but lets juz say it was a little recap of my 21st haha.. after gotham we went to chilies.. ok chilies on the other hand.. not so fun.. very crowded.. no aircon/ventilation.. and some guy got his head smashed thru the balcony door. So that pretty much was our cue to leave.. i was having a pretty perfect bday so far and i wasnt about to let a bunch of mama's ruin it for me so yep.. we left and decided to officially call it a night.

Well.. that was a pretty detailed post about my 24th :) I had a blast and would like to thank (albeit a very belated thank you) all the darlings tt showed me some lurveeeeeee. *muacks*

No comments: