Thursday, May 29, 2008

im sooooo uluuuu. Longhouse kopitiam has been open near my estate for like the longest time and i think i've only eaten there ONCE. Had some indian rojak and didnt think it was very nice so i didnt bother trying any of the other stuff after that.. this was when i was 16 or 17 i think.. and also as u know im not quite into coffeeshops so I wasnt exactly dying to check out the other stalls.. BUT.. my aunties and mom and I went there for dinner two days ago.. omg the food is really really good! We decided on Longhouse cuz the aunties and my cousin were over at my place so we decided to go somewhere near for dinner.. and Longhouse is just across the road.. when we got there everyone looked at me and they were like "so what's good here".. heh oops.. i tried my best not to sound like an uptown brat when telling them sheepishly that coffeeshops arent really my scene. Cuz of my uluness we decided to take a stab in the dark and try the usual favourites.. my aunty did all the ordering.. she got kway teow, popiah, this fried tofu thing which is my new favourite dish.. and carrot cake (the local dish not the dessert this time ;)). Ok i din try the kway teow and popiah but the other two were really yummy la.. I got home and excitedly called my coffeeshop boyfriend to tell him that i wouldnt mind eating at Longhouse once in a while.. yay :) I cant believe it took me so long to realise that there is yummy food in Longhouse.

No comments: