Saturday, July 05, 2008

Can't believe half the year has gone by already.

Been an OK week so far.. babyboy passed his driving practical yayy.. so proud of him :)

I had invites for the U.S Independence Day Celebration on 2nd July at the Raffles Convention Center so decided to go check out the scene.. thought it'd be a good experience.. plus free booze and yummy food pretty much makes a good night :) I went with a couple of colleagues and Siva joined us later.. and he was all decked out in a suit (dress code).. In the 2 years we've been goin out he's never worn a suit, and i must say, he looked pretty damn good :D We ate and drank and enjoyed the live band and after polishing off a tiny tub of haagen daaz ( they had a little ice cream chiller with different haagen daaz mini tubs!) we decided to call it a night and made our way out of the convention center. I was all prepared to take a bus home but Siva had rented a car as a surprise and he drove me home .. aww :)

Met Sumi again for dinner yesterday.. we went to Hard Rock Cafe and it was my first time there so was pretty excited to check out a new place for dinner. We started off with the potato skins to share.. it was YUMMYYYY.. then Sumi ordered some herb grilled chicken and I got a veggie burger. Her grilled chicken lookd really good.. and she seemed to be enjoying it.. my veggie burger was ALRIGHT la.. abit too veggie for me.. i know it sounds dumb but i don't really fancy being able to actually taste the vegetables.. i like the confusing veggie patty that you don't really know whats in it but who cares cuz it tastes good anyways.. yea :) The veggie burger from Komalas is still the bomb la. The portion sizes of each were really big.. i couldn't finish the last bit of my burger.. AND.. i hardly even touched my fries! Everyone knows i'm the spokesperson for french fries.. and usually even if i'm full and bursting out of my gut i still manage to eat at least 3/4 of my fries. Sigh.. so disappointed in myself.. think the potato skins really filled me up. I would go back for the skins.. and to try their mac n cheese.. think I'll bring Siva there.. he'll definately appreciate the portion sizes.

Sigh Saturdayyy and i'm stuck at work. OK think i shall go and do some actual work now :)

No comments: